CORRUGATED HURRICANE PANEL:
Hurricane panels come in steel, clear plastic or aluminum and attach to the walls around windows and doors on
bolts or tracks.
Storm panels are corrugated, and each piece overlaps the next for maximum strength.
Our steel panels have our safety edge system that eliminates sharp edges along the length of the panels.
HURRICANE PANEL MOUNTING STYLES:
Tracks & Bolts
• The top of the panel is slipped into a track above the window, and the bottom of the panel is secured to bolts that are permanently attached beneath the window.
• Tracks are mounted above and below the windows and doors.
• Bolts slide into the tracks from either side and must be manually aligned with the holes on the panels.
Screws & Anchors
• Screws & anchors are permanently set into the wall beside the windows and doors
• They can be loosened as the panel is hung horizontally or vertically, and screwed down to secure it.
Using Studcons with Wingnuts
• Studcons & wingnuts are permanently set into the wall beside the windows and doors.
• The panels can be rested on the studcons until the wing nuts are tightened. A combination of the different mounting mechanisms can be used on a single home.
CORRUGATED HURRICANE PANEL PROS:
• Most inexpensive of the permanent shutter systems.
• Removable, so they don't change the look of the house when not in use.
• Strong, and can provide excellent protection for both doors and windows
• Direct mount: anchors and screws or studcon
• Track upgrades are available
• Miami Dade or Florida Building Code approved
• Store easily in garage
• 1 Year Limited Warranty